One of the detector / signal circuits did not work correctly all the time. This is the signal for the branch (or the lower aspect). Sometimes, it would work when a train went past the signal, other times when I pressed the switch for the green aspect, it would automatically go back to red straight away and on yet other times, it would stay green for say 10 secs and switch to red all of a sudden! I spent ages trying to work out what was wrong, even cut the strip of track into two blocks (one of the top aspect and one for the bottom).
Well today I removed the BOD circuit and noticed when I moved the 2.2uf cap the signal would turn to red even though I didn't have the feeder wire looped into the transformer! On closer examination, I found that one leg of this cap was not soldered properly! So, as I eventually suspected, a bad solder joint somewhere. So next time I know to look straight at the circuit(s)!
Well here are some videos from today:
No comments:
Post a Comment