I decided to get the air brush to 'rust' some of my shiny silver Oil tanks that I bought and painted silver a while back. I was after a well used and rusty look. Its amazing to think that the TW wagons were actually silver (well some anyway) but due to the elements, they turn black and rusty pretty soon. So I mixed Humbrol 60 (Matt Red) with Humbrol 33 (Matt Black) about 15 to 1, and then thinned accordingly to give me the desired look.
After they were made rusty, I went through them with another spray of Matt 33 to tone them little.
I think they turned out OK.
Tank cars are looking great there !
ReplyDeleteThanks Rob - it was a trail and error experiment to tone down these tank cars - make them look more realistic. I used to detest seeing these silver tank cars on my freights because they looked so shiny and new, but with a little weathering, I look forward to seeing them more often LOL - thanks for the comments.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Shelton.