I have been working on implementing some sort of signalling system on the layout. Since this layout is basically a shunting layout, I needed something to act as a checking mechanism before moving the loco from one location to another, as I seem to forget to change the appropriate points. This mechanism is in the form of a small LED signal on a control panel. I wired up a few LEDs and some switches and made a mock control board. Now, before a loco moves, I need to give the signal. This extra step will ensure I have moved the points first.
The control board in the photo is for entry into the yard coming from the Serviceton area. I still have to do a similar sort of set up for the Melbourne end, which will be alot easier because there is only the main line. This control board will replace real model signals on the layout at this section and it kind of works because the signals cannot be clearly seen from the main operating area. Hence, I will be able to get away using a signal gantry with static signals on them as illustrated in the photo showing the mock semaphore gantry.
The main yard will have Searchlight signals for the main line and Road 2, but not sure how I am going to control the yard tracks, maybe with a Dawf signal for main line exists only. Still need to think about that....
The control board in the photo is for entry into the yard coming from the Serviceton area. I still have to do a similar sort of set up for the Melbourne end, which will be alot easier because there is only the main line. This control board will replace real model signals on the layout at this section and it kind of works because the signals cannot be clearly seen from the main operating area. Hence, I will be able to get away using a signal gantry with static signals on them as illustrated in the photo showing the mock semaphore gantry.
The main yard will have Searchlight signals for the main line and Road 2, but not sure how I am going to control the yard tracks, maybe with a Dawf signal for main line exists only. Still need to think about that....
Control panel for signals
Gantry
Signal Board and shematic
Waiting for the stick
No comments:
Post a Comment