Visitors

Flag Counter

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Had quite a constructive weekend.

Had quite a constructive weekend.

I wasn't too happy with the "Flour" siding coming off the main like that so I have now abandoned the dock road and made a siding running behind the station to the Flour merchant, idea inspired by the track diagram of Nhill, Vic.  This has the added benefit of reducing the total number of points on the layout by one.  I like it whenever I reduce trackage, I take it as a big plus.  I am thinking GY and/or GJF traffic on this siding?

Also didn't like how road 3 was coming out of road 2, so I have added a curved point at the beginning of the yard which makes road 2 longer, and made road 3 a partial head-shunt.  See schematic below and photo.

Also, power-routed my double-slip which is in its new location given the changes mentioned above.

Spent alot of time trying to wire up the signalling.  It's a rest nest!  Unfortunately I think I blew one of the bi-colour LEDs so will need to re-wire another one of those.

Also had some time to run some trains and do some shunting in a very casual manner.





2 comments:

  1. Another pleasing plan Mate! Looking forward to seeing it in the real,
    Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Geoff - nice of you to leave a comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive