Op Session Border District - Sat 05Apr2014
Yesterday Anthony held an ops session on his layout called Border District. Anthony trialed the concept of having two man crews which was quite good. One member being the driver, the other the guard. Lucky for myself and Andrew, we had some good
movements - such as a fast freight, and few passenger runs. Shunting was minimal. However, Darren was tasked with being the yard pilot at Tatiara Downs which is always a challenging job.
Here are some photos of the session.
On my own layout, I now have the ability to switch off the detection circuit so the signals don't drop to red whenever a train passes. I have done this because when I have trains running continuously I don't have to keep switching the signals back to a proceed aspect.
Added more trees to the layout after adding paste to them. I still need to paint them and add foilage. Used the concept developed by Geoff of Splitters Swamp Creek fame.
Still need to create two signal circuits for one of the home signals.
Really need to focus on getting my skills up on working with styrene so I can build some structures.
I have rationalised my trackwork, now looking at rationalising my rollingstock.
Will focus on running more four-wheelers rather than bogie stock.
Yesterday Anthony held an ops session on his layout called Border District. Anthony trialed the concept of having two man crews which was quite good. One member being the driver, the other the guard. Lucky for myself and Andrew, we had some good
movements - such as a fast freight, and few passenger runs. Shunting was minimal. However, Darren was tasked with being the yard pilot at Tatiara Downs which is always a challenging job.
Here are some photos of the session.
On my own layout, I now have the ability to switch off the detection circuit so the signals don't drop to red whenever a train passes. I have done this because when I have trains running continuously I don't have to keep switching the signals back to a proceed aspect.
Added more trees to the layout after adding paste to them. I still need to paint them and add foilage. Used the concept developed by Geoff of Splitters Swamp Creek fame.
Still need to create two signal circuits for one of the home signals.
Really need to focus on getting my skills up on working with styrene so I can build some structures.
I have rationalised my trackwork, now looking at rationalising my rollingstock.
Will focus on running more four-wheelers rather than bogie stock.
Shelton,
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! Of course, how many did I bother to take for updating my blog? Zilch!
Great to have you and the guys around again - lots of fun and much learned. Two person crews will stay ... I think. Looking forward to the next op session ...
Regards and thanks,
Anthony
Anthony
ReplyDeleteHope my camera work does justice to your layout! I trust you will have some good constructive time on the layout this school holiday period. Looking forward to the next op session.
Cheers
Shelton,
ReplyDeleteI think your camera (and photographic skills too!) did more than justice to the Border District ... certainly better images than any I've taken. I will have to get you back as the "Border District Official Photographer" ...