Yesterday Craig gave up his Sunday morning to assist me in drawing up some ideas given my druthers.
The best idea Craig suggested was to draw up a scale grid say 2cm=1 and then use a compass to draw the curves. I found this to be the break-through I was looking for. In the afternoon I drew up the plan we discussed in the morning and it was plain to see that it would not work. Un-phased and with my new knowledge to use a compass to draw accurate curves I pressed ahead making up some further plans.
Eventually I came up with these two. (Both have an oval of track only for those occasions when I like to see trains running round)
One is an industrial shunting layout with industries based in Western Melbourne such as Sunshine and Brooklyn, whilst the other is more of a branch line run, from staging.
I am not sure which one I like better although I like both of them. The branch line run gives me some nice main line run with scenery, where-as the industrial shunting schematic probably gives me more engagement time.
The branch line probably utilises better use of the space, and I could run a variety of engines and trains, e.g. railmotor, X class, T and Y, where as the industrial shunting layout I would be left with a Y or T Class as motive power. Hard choice!
Industrial:
BranchLine:
No comments:
Post a Comment