Visitors

Flag Counter

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Auscision X Class


Gave my X Class from Auscision a spin.

A very beautiful and detailed model, however the drivers need some clothes and I think the side handrails are plastic.  Now I need to get a DCC Decoder.


8 comments:

  1. Nice to see some modelling going on Shelton. Enjoy your Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Geoff - nice surprise to hear from you. I'm taking things very slowly.

    Regards
    Shelton

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Shelton, Mmmmate got mine just before Christmas X34,
    had to wait a few days before I could open it(a present from my girls, they got me just what I wanted Ha)so like the big kid I am guess who was up before 6am looking to open presents. Haven't had her on the tracks yet ??? got a few other projects on the go atm and the usual duties, but question?? I would like to put icing on cake with DCC Sound's ESU decoder, had any experience with ESU?? Good?,Bad?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Mate,
    Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matt
      I did have a loco with ESU LokSound. I can verify that the decoder is of top quality and running qualities. With sound, the most important thing is to get a high quality speaker as putting in an ordinary speaker you may find it too tingy and not bassy enough.

      Cheers
      Shelton

      Delete
    2. Great, any suggestions for the speakers you have tried? My only experience here is a micro speaker for a powerline T class space limited as you know, I thought the sound was clear and crisp, but volume is limited.This was with TCS diesel sound dec, brilliant and with 30+ horns the quill effect is amazing, but no T class horn I thought there may have been. Trial and error you know, but the two units bought from o/s was a fair investment. Great to talk mate.
      Matt.

      Delete
    3. G'Day Matt
      I haven't had much experience with sound and speakers however the limited research I have done I noticed sugarcube speakers from this mob (www.sbs4dcc.com) may be ideal to produce the bass we all like.
      Regards
      Shelton

      Delete
    4. Great stuff Shelton, I will look into the cube speakers I have read and seen on youtube some pretty good sound out of these types of speakers, speaking of youtube I noticed you have been in my neck of the woods recently Orange, next time your about give me a yell mate, bit of a lone wolf round these parts and I always enjoy discussions with fellow modellers especially the VR type ha ha, again thanks for the info .
      Matt.

      Delete
    5. No worries Matt - will do!
      Regards
      Shelton

      Delete

Followers

Blog Archive