Great shots Shelton, got to get mine up and running, love the prototypical dips on your track work mate, looks good. Talkin Heads, man they did some great stuff !!! Loksound is on the way for the X-class, had a good look at their website, custom sound files can be created by user and after many conversations reasonably user friendly, so fairly excited about that one, speaking of which I have been watching a channel on youtube for a while now and discovered this one check it out its Gold !! Atlas EMD SDP-35 by MaxSouthOz, the work Max produces is awesome.... Regards, Matt.
I am going to jump in head first and have a go at creating my own custom sound files, everything is available to Loksound users via the net, sounds, updates, hints and tips and also basic instructions, I may need these, ha, So with a few pricey items from Loksound a custom sound file can be achieved with good results...I thought why not, I will learn a lot along the way!! that's why this hobby is so enjoyable to me, you have to be versatile on so many levels to get the results your after. Did ya check out that video ?? What did you think?? Pretty Sweet....
Hello Shelton, Cruzin along with the layout, almost finished 12ft module, back at work though this is physically draining so no time during the week for modelling. My spare time has been invested in the Loksound projects with the X-T class, these decoders are brilliant !! and fully reprogrammable don't like that sound get a new one. As said in earlier comment easy to use, plenty instructions in manual and online,highly recommended mate, could not be easier. Once module is finished and presentable I will send you some footage of X and T slugging up hill on a grainy...NB the Auscision X class is a real bitch to disassemble attempt this with real care!! lots of fragile parts.... Matt.
G'Day Matt - looking forward to seeing the demo of the X Class with your sound install. Have you heard of WOW Sound by TCS - their EMD engine sound will suit a B and S class. I like how they have Dynamic Braking which actually slows down the loco.
Check it out here: https://www.tcsdcc.com/Customer_Content/Products/Decoders/WOWSound/WOWDiesel.php
Shelton, "Buyer Beware" I purchased two wow sound units from o/s when the aussie dollar was stronger over 12mths ago one was installed in the above mentioned T-class, I don't buy anything 1st generation but after rave reviews I did anyway,these were not cheap, install straight forward and only tested for motor functions,later wired lighting functions this is where problems began decoder began to display erratic behaviour lights only worked intermittently then decoder would freeze. The heat that emitted from this unit also concerned me so I removed the wrapping from the exterior to allow air flow, audio assist is a function of these decoders I thought this would be easier to tune things, it turned out to be a real pain in the arse, and left me so confused I had to draw the blinds and lay down for a while (LOL)... Finally giving up on the lighting I removed the decoder and now it and its unopened brother sit in the box they came in. After research I discovered I was not the only user that struck this problem RE: Youtube and the Web. Shelton at pricey cost than a Loksound unit my honest opinion is to avoid wow sound there is only trouble and frustration involved. If you are wanting sound for your X-class it is set up for Loksund via DCC Sound or user installed like I have done, I purchased mine from Dcc Concepts WA. and was a really fun install, as stated learning a lot of cool things along the way. This is not a product pitch mate, just experience, with the leaders in sound, I tried Tsumami, Wow, and now Loksound which I will now use exclusively these are really goood and user friendly, I thought they may be too European but their u.s. range is perfect for aussie use. Cant find your sound your after airhorn for example, record it and import it straight to the decoder "Brilliant" At 169.00 for the V4.0 and V4.0 micro which already comes with the soundfiles you want (tell the guys at the shop) only thing to do is install it X-class is 21pin it plugs straight in now one justs has to solder 4-8ohm speaker and done on tracks we now have sound and are moving !!! Mate if you are interested in still having a fiddle with Wow sound I have a brand new one here I can send you, I will admit the sound is Great, let me know and I will throw it in the post(place it in the post Ha) you know what I mean... you can get me at Stormman75@gmail.com Matt.
Great shots Shelton, got to get mine up and running, love the prototypical dips on your track work mate, looks good.
ReplyDeleteTalkin Heads, man they did some great stuff !!! Loksound is on the way for the X-class, had a good look at their website, custom sound files can be created by user and after many conversations reasonably user friendly, so fairly excited about that one, speaking of which I have been watching a channel on youtube for a while now and discovered this one check it out its Gold !! Atlas EMD SDP-35 by MaxSouthOz, the work Max produces is awesome....
Regards, Matt.
Thanks Matt - are you going with the X Class sounds form DCC Sound?
ReplyDeleteI am going to jump in head first and have a go at creating my own custom sound files, everything is available to Loksound users via the net, sounds, updates, hints and tips and also basic instructions, I may need these, ha, So with a few pricey items from Loksound a custom sound file can be achieved with good results...I thought why not, I will learn a lot along the way!! that's why this hobby is so enjoyable to me, you have to be versatile on so many levels to get the results your after. Did ya check out that video ?? What did you think?? Pretty Sweet....
DeleteYep i checked out that video - sounds pretty cool!
ReplyDeleteHello Shelton, Cruzin along with the layout, almost finished 12ft module, back at work though this is physically draining so no time during the week for modelling. My spare time has been invested in the Loksound projects with the X-T class, these decoders are brilliant !! and fully reprogrammable don't like that sound get a new one. As said in earlier comment easy to use, plenty instructions in manual and online,highly recommended mate, could not be easier. Once module is finished and presentable I will send you some footage of X and T slugging up hill on a grainy...NB the Auscision X class is a real bitch to disassemble attempt this with real care!! lots of fragile parts.... Matt.
DeleteG'Day Matt - looking forward to seeing the demo of the X Class with your sound install. Have you heard of WOW Sound by TCS - their EMD engine sound will suit a B and S class. I like how they have Dynamic Braking which actually slows down the loco.
ReplyDeleteCheck it out here:
https://www.tcsdcc.com/Customer_Content/Products/Decoders/WOWSound/WOWDiesel.php
Cheers
Shelton
Shelton, "Buyer Beware" I purchased two wow sound units from o/s when the aussie dollar was stronger over 12mths ago one was installed in the above mentioned T-class, I don't buy anything 1st generation but after rave reviews I did anyway,these were not cheap, install straight forward and only tested for motor functions,later wired lighting functions this is where problems began decoder began to display erratic behaviour lights only worked intermittently then decoder would freeze. The heat that emitted from this unit also concerned me so I removed the wrapping from the exterior to allow air flow, audio assist is a function of these decoders I thought this would be easier to tune things, it turned out to be a real pain in the arse, and left me so confused I had to draw the blinds and lay down for a while (LOL)... Finally giving up on the lighting I removed the decoder and now it and its unopened brother sit in the box they came in. After research I discovered I was not the only user that struck this problem RE: Youtube and the Web. Shelton at pricey cost than a Loksound unit my honest opinion is to avoid wow sound there is only trouble and frustration involved. If you are wanting sound for your X-class it is set up for Loksund via DCC Sound or user installed like I have done, I purchased mine from Dcc Concepts WA. and was a really fun install, as stated learning a lot of cool things along the way. This is not a product pitch mate, just experience, with the leaders in sound, I tried Tsumami, Wow, and now Loksound which I will now use exclusively these are really goood and user friendly, I thought they may be too European but their u.s. range is perfect for aussie use. Cant find your sound your after airhorn for example, record it and import it straight to the decoder "Brilliant" At 169.00 for the V4.0 and V4.0 micro which already comes with the soundfiles you want (tell the guys at the shop) only thing to do is install it X-class is 21pin it plugs straight in now one justs has to solder 4-8ohm speaker and done on tracks we now have sound and are moving !!! Mate if you are interested in still having a fiddle with Wow sound I have a brand new one here I can send you, I will admit the sound is Great, let me know and I will throw it in the post(place it in the post Ha) you know what I mean... you can get me at Stormman75@gmail.com Matt.
Delete