Spent some time working on the scenery since I have neglected this area of the hobby for some time.
After visiting Geoff's place and seeing his layout, I was inspired to spruce up some areas of the layout. I tried my hand at making some bushes and also tried to bring up my standard on some of the trees I made. I noticed that I needed some variety.
Still a good working in progress and a long learning curve. Unfortunately I don't seem to have the nack for scenery when compared to other folks out there.
After visiting Geoff's place and seeing his layout, I was inspired to spruce up some areas of the layout. I tried my hand at making some bushes and also tried to bring up my standard on some of the trees I made. I noticed that I needed some variety.
Still a good working in progress and a long learning curve. Unfortunately I don't seem to have the nack for scenery when compared to other folks out there.
You are off to a good start Shelton. Marvellous how just a little scenery and ballast can lift a layout up.
ReplyDeleteBob
Thanks Bob - I have seen some of your handiwork and its way above my league.
ReplyDeleteRegards
Shelton
Shelton, your layout has come on so much of late, don’t be so hard on yourself. No two layouts are the same, so the style of scenery needs to be different also. It’s fine to gain ideas from each other, just remember there’s only one person that needs to be happy with yours. If you want, organise a time and we can do a scenery session, and do a bit more on yours. I’m sure I have a few bits we could try using if you like, just let me know!
ReplyDeleteGeoffrey
Thanks Geoff. I think I will have to take you up on that offer!
DeleteAlways good to get some advice from another modeler.
Regards
Shelton