The automatic signals as discussed in the previous post are now controlled by an arduino and display all three aspects. The red aspect is shown whenever a train passes the signal. It will then show yellow for a set period of time, then turn to green. This has been done for both the UP and DOWN signals
The main station and yard is governed by an UP Home Departure signals and an Arrival Home Signal with a LOW speed indicator as per the prototype. The LOW speed signal is used to bring in trains into the yard with a reduced speed as there could be obstructions/wagons on the same track.
I was able to use the one detection circuit for both the Approach Home Head and the LOW Speed Head - so that made the LOW Speed detector circuit surplus. Another bonus of using the Arduino.
I spent the last two days re-wiring everything on that section of the layout and also took the opportunity to label the wires!
Now, I have these sets of signals on "Automatic" mode using a toggle switch (DPDT), or I can override the signals to manual, in case there is a cross or meet at the loop. Obviously, the LOW Speed signal is not set for automatic operation as this aspect is shown to bring a train into the yard.
The good thing is I can use the same code for the other side of the layout - in the UP direction, as the signalling setup is the same, with a DOWN Approach HOME signal and a UP Departure Signal.
I will have to leave this side of the layout for another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment