Visitors

Flag Counter

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Some Scenery Work

 I've been motivated to do some scenery work to smooth out some of the "rough" edges on the layout. 

One of these was the station platform which is a piece of wood.  This needed some attention so I took the spray paint out and gave it a coat.

Following this I had some picket fences which I had bought some while back and at last I got to erect them - now it looks little more like a railway station.  




Another area I focused on was a corner section which needed some scenery.  I grounded some bark for the ground cover and then added some foliage to continue the scene as there was a noticeable gap in this area - still need to add ballast to many sections of the layout.




Yet another section was the area that I had to pull up to realign the track as discussed in one of the previous blog posts.  This area looked pretty bad so I was compelled to look at it.  I think once I get some ballast on the tracks this area will look better but so far I am quite happy with it for now.


Yet another area I worked on was the cutting - looked pretty bare without any ground cover - so I looked at increasing the appeal of the cuttings with some ground foam and some woodland scenic fine leave foliage




With time spent on the scenery, there is little or no time spent running any trains.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive