Visitors

Flag Counter

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Major Changes to TrackPlan

I have made major changes to my layout - I don't know but when I was playing, I felt disengaged and kinda bored with the trackplan based on 'Stawell'. Now, I have created a new plan (and will have to rip up track again) and this time it is freelanced but still based in Western Victoria. I have quickly made up the track plan (attached) - major changes.

The significant change is that now instead of leaving Stawell (renamed to Stawham - i have made up all the town names quickly) and setting the DCC system to autopilot to watch trains go by, now I am more like a 'driver'. Just like what you were trying to tell me in the first place! I know I am really slow to pick up things. Anyhow initially I didn't know what to expect or what I wanted.

So, the staging tracks are gone! Yep, they are gone, but not totally - instead of making them invisibile I have incorporated them into the layout - so Stawham has say 3 yard tracks and Meredith has two, at both these locations, trains will be made up and broken up. So staging comes in the forefront of the operation. That's what I thought initially happend at Stawell.

So, a goods train would leave Stawham, go pass Johnson, pass FarPlace, and eventually arrive at Meredith.

Sometimes a train will stop at Johnson and FarPlace to pick up wagons or set them out. Still have to work on this little as Australia doesn't have all those industries as the Americans have?

With passenger trains, some trains will stop at all stations. The terminating stations are Stawham and Meredith.

I think with this plan, I am more engaged just like your Border District plan. It's kinda based on a medium trafficked branch line - yes it is all made up.

The major disadvantage of this plan is that the number of trains in an operating session is limited compared to the Grampains plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive