I purchased a set of Servos and a SwitchMaster from Time Saver Layouts (http://www.timesaverlayouts.com/) to automate some of my points. I connected the first one this week to the point that targets the staging yard (on the plan, the lower left point).
After a few days, I got the thing to work.
Initially, I had the servos travel too far which caused the metal connecting rod to protude very high into the air - making this look somewhat unrealistic. I then made the servo arm travel only a small area and this looks much better.
The speed of the points changing looks very realistic, however for that particular point, I didnt mind if it 'snapped' to one end or the other.
Unfortunately, I had to remove the spring inside the point. A good website that shows you how to do this is : http://www.sol.me.uk/hogallery/steeltrack/index.html
Here is a small video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnE5NxiKDU0
Now, back to creating the staging yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment