During one of my visits to the local Brisbane Interstate Freight Terminal, aka Acacia Ridge, I took a closer look at the colour of the side of the rails. I had already air-brushed the side of the rails of the main yard on my layout and really liked the reddish rust colour, but was somewhat disappointed when I saw that the northern end of Acacia Ridge yard, the colour of the rail sides was actually brown.
However, when I looked at the southern end of the yard, I was surprised to see so many different colours within 100 meters as the following photo attests.
I personally like the reddish hue to the browish hue which I have depicted on the layout. Anything is better than the silver stock colours!
However, when I looked at the southern end of the yard, I was surprised to see so many different colours within 100 meters as the following photo attests.
I personally like the reddish hue to the browish hue which I have depicted on the layout. Anything is better than the silver stock colours!

No comments:
Post a Comment