Back in August of last year I took up the challenge of installing sound. I was inspired by watching a video where the modeler installed sound in a small tank engine. He really gave me the confidence.
Now with sound chips becoming more realistic and less gimmicky, I did some research and decided to purchase the latest Soundtraxx Tsunami 2 chips. One thing I really liked about this chip was the working dynamic brakes. After taking a huge risk and parting with $150 for the sound chip and two speakers, I found myself with the challenge of installing it in my B Class loco.
So with some trepidation, and working slowly and carefully, I installed the sound chip and speakers and over an entire weekend, I was able to get the installation completed. There were a few retries when trying to get the shell to sit tightly. I was really pleased with the outcome.
Here are some photos of the install and a couple of videos.
Note how the headlight automatically turns on as the loco rolls, then turns off.
Dyno's sound fantastic!
Pretty cool!
Beautiful sound Shelton, now to apply it to my narrow gauge diesel!
ReplyDeleteBob
Thanks Bob.
ReplyDelete