Visitors

Flag Counter

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Pass me the Plaster...





Now that I have my track-plan bedded down, I have been totally consumed with scenery and have more time to think about scenery and do some work in this area.  I have gone with the cardboard strip method also know as Hard Shell scenery I believe.  Yes, there are many ways to do scenery, and I like this method as advocated by Joe Fugate in one of his writings.  As he says if a mistake is made, it is reasonably easy to remove the scenery and start again.  Also, it is very cheap, with only a hot glue-gun and hot glue sticks required, and you need to cut some thick card-board strip which cost nothing.

The only issue I find with this method is the use of a Hot Glue gun.  When hot, the glue creates alot of glue-strings.  It's little messy but not too much effort to clean up.  On top of the cardboard strips, I use 1 inch masking tape then apply a plaster mix.  This one is used on Geoffs' layout and is really an excellent product to work with.

I have also put some more time into the trees, trying to make them more fuller and real.  I think I am getting there slowly.  Now I cannot stop to admire the beauty in the wild trees when I go for walks or when driving. 

Here is a brief video showing the progress so far and some photos of the trees.  Off-course this is not completed as I would like to add grass, fences, more trees, some water, shrubs and more earth hues.







2 comments:

  1. It's looking good Shelton. I'm pleased to see that it's coming together for you, after all the false starts with the track plan.
    Regards,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ron - yes took me along time - but i got there at the end - now with the fun stuff - scenery!
    Regards
    Shelton

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive